Voting & Elections
Information on Voting and Elections in the State of New Mexico.
Candidates & Campaigns
Information on how to become a candidate and about complying with campaign finance disclosure and reporting requirements.
Legislation, Lobbying & Legal Resources
Learn about Lobbying in our state. Find Legislative information to include Signed & Chaptered Bills and Legal Resources.
Start a business, maintain a business or get general information on registered businesses in New Mexico.
Notary & Apostille
Become a notary, renew your notary commission, or obtain information about apostilles or certification of official documents.
File UCC's, AG Liens, register a trademark or other commercial filings.
Safe at Home
New Mexico’s statewide address confidentiality program administered by the Secretary of State to assist victims of domestic violence, sexual assault, stalking or similar types of crimes to receive mail using the Secretary of State’s address as a substitute for their own.
Learn about how we protect your voter and business information. You might also find a tip or two that will help you secure your information as well.
About New Mexico
Learn about New Mexico Government, History, State Symbols, State Songs and other important information about our state.
Unofficial Election Results
Results will become available after 7 PM on Election Day, November 2, 2021 and will be posted as they are received from the county offices.
Election Results Homepage
Election Day Voter Hotline
Toll Free: 1-800-477-3632
Santa Fe: 505-827-3600 Option 2
The Election Day Voter Hotline is available on Election Day, November 2, from 7:00 AM to 7:00 PM to assist voters with questions or concerns.
Online voter resources include:
The Secretary of State is pleased to offer many of its services online, by logging into or creating an online account on the Business Portal.
- Search public business information
- Search for a Notary
- E-File corporate and partnership reports
- File a UCC
- Business Reinstatement
- Change of Registered Office/Registered Agent
- Registered Agent Resignation
- Domestic NM Limited Liability Formation
- LLC Address Change
- Copies Request
- Certificate (Good Standing/Status)
- Upload IRS extension for corporate report
- Replenish Prepaid account
Online Voter Registration
You can use the Online Voter Registration system to:
- Register to vote in federal, state, county, and city elections in New Mexico.
- Update your registration if your name or address has changed. You can also update your registration if you want to change your political party.
Campaign Finance Information System
You can use the Campaign Finance Information System to search for:
- Political Action Committees
- Lobbyist employers
- Data Download
Candidates can use it to file their campaign finance reports.
Voter Information Portal
You can use the Campaign Finance Information System to do the following things:
- Request an Absentee Ballot Online
- View Candidates for the 2020 General Election
- Find your Registration & Election Information
- Register to Vote
- Search Voting Location Data
- Provisional Ballot Lookup
- Find a Voter Registration Agent
- 2019 Local Election Act Information